If you’re looking for a fashion to improve your health and quality of life as you historic period, consider investing in a new Apple Spotter. Studies have shown that wearing an Apple tree Picket tin lead to significant wellness benefits for seniors, including improved eye health and decreased risk of falls.
In addition, the Apple Picket is a nifty tool for helping seniors stay continued with loved ones. In this article, we volition take a wait at the tiptop ways the Apple Lookout man can benefit seniors.
ane. Apple Watch can assistance the elderly exercise, stay agile and healthy
One of the biggest benefits of the Apple tree Watch for seniors is that information technology helps them stay active and healthy. The Apple tree Watch has a congenital-in Activity app that tracks your daily activity, including calories burned, brisk activity, and standing fourth dimension. This app tin aid y’all set up goals and come across how you’re doing over time.
The Apple tree Sentinel also has a built-in Conditioning app that lets y’all runway your progress during workouts, including duration, altitude, heart charge per unit, and calories burned. Y’all can even use the Workout app to runway activities like running, cycling, and pond.
Likewise, Apple tree has created an exercise app called “Fitness+” that can be installed in the newer series of the Apple watch. The app has a range of fitness programs designed for people of all ages. Y’all tin fifty-fifty consign your fitness metrics to other Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad. Please annotation that the app is subscription-based. It is a great app to help seniors track their fitness goals.
2. The Apple sentry tracks heart rate and ECG
Some people might remember that the Apple Scout is but a luxury detail that does nothing more than telling the time. Notwithstanding, the Apple Spotter is actually a very powerful tool with health features that can exist used to track centre charge per unit, and ECG.
The Apple Watch monitors heart charge per unit by taking into account factors such every bit age, weight, and sexual activity. It too tracks how active you are by measuring your steps taken and calories burned. This data can help you to better sympathise your overall wellness and make changes to improve your fitness levels.
The best office nigh all of this tracking is that information technology’due south all done automatically; you don’t accept to practise anything actress to get in happen. The Apple Watch gathers all of this wellness information and presents it to you in an easy-to-empathise interface. This makes information technology a great tool for those who want to get a better handle on their heart, health, and fitness.
Newer Apple tree Watches like the Apple Sentry Series 4 and after has Electrocardiogram (ECG) examination technology incorporated. An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a examination that records the timing and force of the electric impulses that make the heartbeat. Yous may need to periodically take an ECG test to evaluate your heart rhythm and spot abnormalities. This tin exist done through an ECG app that is installed when setting up the health app.
The app measures your heartbeat and rhythm by using the electric sensor of the Apple Watch. Then, it uses these results to check if the upper and lower chambers of your heart are in rhythm. If they are out of rhythm, the app will produce a consequence called
(AFib). Y’all will need to see a doctor immediately. If your center is in rhythm, you will get a issue chosen
Related article: Which Apple tree watches can you shower with?
3. The Find my friends’ App of the Apple Watch can help caregivers and families keep track of their loved ones’ whereabouts
Discover my friend
on watchOS 6 and afterward) of the Apple Watch can assist caregivers and families go on track of their loved ones’ whereabouts. The App tin send notifications to designated contacts when the user arrives at or leaves a specific location, such as home, or piece of work. It tin also share the user’due south location with designated contacts so they can see where the user is on a map.
In addition, the App can be used to create groups for sharing locations with multiple contacts simultaneously. This can be useful for tracking a group of older adults, especially those suffering from dementia. The
discover my friend
App can be very helpful for caregivers and families who need to continue rails of their loved ones’ whereabouts. It tin provide peace of mind and assistance to keep everyone safe.
How to set the “Find my friend App”
The App can just exist set upwards from an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or iPod impact. The senior(s) to be tracked must also have the “Find my Friend” App on their Apple sentinel. Since this characteristic pulls location from devices,
it can only piece of work with Apple Sentinel Series with cellular. To set up the app, go to your iPhone or iPad and deport out the following steps:
- Download and install the “Find my friends” app from the Appstore if it is not already on your device.
- Open the App.
- Select a contact or enter the person to be tracked email accost.
- And so tap Send or Done to ship the request.
- The person will receive a notification asking to share their location on their device and they accept to have for you to be able to track them.
- After the person agrees to share their location, y’all can see their location in a list or on a map in the app.
Signing in with your Apple tree ID automatically signs you in, to the “discover my friends” app. This characteristic works ameliorate with newer Apple Watches like the Apple Lookout Series 4 and above. Please notation that location services may not be bachelor in every land/region.
How To rails a senior with the “Find my friend” App
To track a senior, you must ensure that the Apple Watch they are using has cellular capabilities and they must have accepted your request to share their location. Then, follow the steps below:
- Press on the digital crown of the Apple Spotter to bear witness all installed apps.
- Tap and select the
observe my friend
- A list of everyone sharing their location with yous will be displayed.
- Other details such equally how far off the person is, and how long ago they were tagged there, will be displayed.
- Select a contact to display their position on a map.
- Also, options to
to their position will be displayed.
- Lastly, the notification pick allows you to fix upward different types of notifications for tracking a contact.
Related article: Can you lot supersede apple tree sentry bands?
4. The Apple watch can remind the elderly to take their medication and swallow meals on time
As we get older, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel to forget things like taking our medication or eating regular meals. And if nosotros’re not careful, these lapses in retention tin can atomic number 82 to serious health bug. The Apple tree Watch has a tool that can aid seniors proceed on pinnacle of their medication and mealtimes. This tool is the “Reminder App“.
This smartwatch’southward built-in app chosen ”
Reminders” tin can send alerts to users when information technology’s time to take their medication or eat a meal. And because the sentry is always with us, there’s no run a risk of forgetting to have our medication.
The app is besides customizable, then you can choose the time of twenty-four hour period or the day of the week that you want to be reminded of. For instance, if you lot always accept your medication at 8 am, you tin create a reminder for 8 am on your scout.
This handy feature is simply one of the many reasons why the Apple Watch is a corking choice for seniors. To set up reminders, follow the steps beneath:
- Press down the digital crown to view the apps on the Apple Watch.
- Select the
- The sentinel will display different categorized lists of reminders.
- To add a new reminder, scroll to the bottom of the lists using the digital crown and tap on “Add together reminder”.
- A menu will exist displayed with icons that testify different methods to add a reminder. The methods are phonation dictation, scribble, and emojis. using any of them will add a reminder to your default home list. Using phonation dictation, for case, you can say “Take my medication at 3 pm today”.
- If you want to add reminders to a specific listing, y’all first become into the list, ringlet to the bottom, and tap on the “add reminders”
- Siri can too be used to set reminders directly by dictating the reminder and its timing when yous activate Siri.
- When the time is due, the watch notifies/reminds the user to conduct out the action.
5. Apple Watches have a fall detection feature that can alert caregivers if the elderly falls downwardly
Fall detection is a feature that is available for Apple tree Lookout man SE and Apple tree Watch Serial 4 or after. The feature alerts your emergency services and emergency contacts lists (set upward from the Health App on your iPhone) that it has detected a hard fall on the wearer of the Apple Watch.
When information technology contacts emergency personnel, it will play a looped emergency SOS message that shows that it has detected a hard fall and it will also share the GPS location of the Apple watch. The user can stop the looped letters and have a chat with the emergency personnel before ending the phone call.
Related commodity: Can I swim with my Apple Watch Series 3?
Turn on Wrist Detection and Fall detection for Apple Watches
For this feature to work, wrist detection and fall detection must be turned on for the Apple Watch. To turn these features on, follow the steps below:
- Get to
on your Apple Watch.
- Turn it on.
- Launch your Apple Watch app from your iPhone.
- Scroll to the bottom left and tap on the
- And so, tap on the
- Scroll to the
tab and toggle it on.
To plough on wrist detection, follow the steps below:
- Go to
on your Apple tree Watch.
- Plough on
If you lot do not turn on wrist detection, Apple Lookout man SE and Apple Lookout man Series 4 or later will not automatically contact emergency services later on detecting a hard fall.
6. Apple Lookout is also a communication device, which allows the elderly to stay connected with family and friends
The Apple Watch is not just a health and fitness device, it is also a advice device. It allows the elderly to stay continued with their family and friends. There are many ways to communicate with people using the Apple tree Watch:
- FaceTime Audio: This is an audio version of the video calling app that can exist installed on the apple watch. It allows you to phone call any other iPhone users who have the app on their devices. Cellular data or Wi-fi is required to make calls with Facetime audio.
- Messages: This app allows yous to send messages to other iPhone users. The messages can exist text messages, pictures, or even voice memos.
- Phone: This app allows y’all to brand telephone calls to people.
- Contacts: This app allows you to view your contacts list and call or message any of your contacts.
- Walkie-Talkie: At that place are apps on the Apple Lookout that allow yous to send curt voice messages similar walkie-talkie users.
- Social Media: You tin can also use social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on Apple tree watches.
Related article: Does Apple Watch Contain Nickel
7. Wrap upwards
The Apple Sentinel is not just for the young and healthy. The elderly can also use it to continue track of their health and stay entertained. In this blog mail service, nosotros’ve looked at some of the wellness benefits that the Apple Spotter offers to seniors. These include fall detection, centre monitoring, and activity tracking.
Nosotros’ve also seen how the Apple Spotter can be used for communication purposes, such as making phone calls and sending messages. The Apple Watch is a versatile device that can be used for a variety of purposes. It’s perfect for the elderly because information technology helps. If you’re an elderly person considering ownership an Apple Watch, we hope this blog mail service has been helpful.
For more featured articles like this, click on our apple solutions page or click on the home page.