Are you a visual learner looking for a powerful project management tool? Look no further than Trello. Trello is easy-to-use, intuitive, collaborative, and visual. Information technology rates well against similar applications and enables you to prioritize and organize projects past using boards, cards, and lists. Users tin add attachments, comments, checklists, and due dates on projects and tasks.
The most ingenious strategies for getting the nigh out of Trello include:
- Converting spreadsheets into cards
- Creating a workflow
- Using labels effectively
- Carte du jour sorting features
- Calculation new cards
- Converting email into Trello tasks
- Clever keyboard shortcuts
- Highlighting popular boards
- Connecting cards
- Drag-n-drib tricks
Create Cards From Spreadsheets
If you have previously used spreadsheets to organize and rail your projects, moving over to Trello is uncomplicated. There is no need to start from scratch.
- Y’all can convert an unabridged spreadsheet cavalcade into a Trello card with a unproblematic copy and paste.
- When you lot paste a listing onto a Trello bill of fare, you will be asked if you want the items on the list to be on 1 menu or separate cards.
As you lot are moving from a list on a spreadsheet, you lot will want to create a different card for each detail.
Create a Workflow
A workflow is a process of completing tasks for a projection from initiation to completion.
You might non be aware that you employ workflows in your everyday life whenever there is a process required to get something done.
For case, recall about planning a Thanksgiving dinner for your extended family. If you break downward everything you lot need to accomplish into tasks, you volition realize that if you miss a step, something volition be missing from your dinner.
Those tasks are part of your workflow.
Below are some examples of workflows you can use to be more than productive in your business.
To-Practise, Doing, Done
This is a straightforward workflow that tracks what you need to exercise, what yous are currently working on, and what has been completed.
Using a workflow like this makes it much easier to track a project that has multiple tasks. It is easier to follow in a visual board than on lists of paper or in your caput.
You tin even add a list for tasks that don’t necessarily need to be completed immediately in gild to keep track of and not forget annihilation.
Use workflows to:
- Track progress
- List and assign tasks
- Collaborate with team members
- Organize very complex projects
Workflows proceed everything in ane identify and accessible to all who are ultimately responsible for getting a job washed correctly and on time.
Y’all tin increase your productivity further by connecting Chanty squad conversation so that when a sure action takes place in Trello your entire team can as well exist notified. These notifications can include instances where:
- a carte gets moved
- there is a new annotate
- an action is marked as complete and,
- a new menu is created
Use Labels Effectively
Using labels in Trello adds a layer of colour-coded and visual data to the cards on your board. If you lot aren’t using them, you are not making the most of the Trello system.
Use labels to:
- Organize cards past squad
- Segment cards
- Highlight and prioritize tasks
- Enable search and filtering capabilities
Give Each Label a Proper noun
It is helpful to requite each label a name for piece of cake identification. When you click on a card, anyone with board admission tin run into what each color represents.
Yet, it would exist much easier to be able to see the characterization names from the board view without having to hover over it. That’s easy to fix.
Click on any label from the lath view and the name will show for all labels.
Apply or Remove Labels for a Card
At that place are several means to edit a label on a card including:
- Open the card, select the labels push button, and make your changes.
- Select the
icon visible when hovering over whatsoever Trello menu, and edit what you desire to change.
- Hover over any card and click the
cardinal on your estimator to open the labels.
Some other shortcut involves the club the labels announced in the menu. The first position is
1, the second is
2, and and then on down the line of labels.
The fastest way to add or remove a label on your board is to hover over the bill of fare and click the number cardinal on your keyword that corresponds to the position of the label in the menu.
Sort The Cards On a Listing
If you want to exist able to view the tasks that are due first or which ones might have fallen through the cracks, yous can sort the cards on a list. Yous tin sort past specific criteria such as due engagement and engagement created.
- Locate the three horizontal dots in the top right-manus corner of the menu. Click on
and select the option y’all desire to employ.
Keep in mind that the just available options are the criteria used on cards. For example, if you don’t accept
on whatsoever of your cards, you will not exist able to apply it for sorting.
Add New Cards Anywhere On Your Listing
There is no demand to be concerned if you want to add together a card to the top of a long list. You don’t take to drag it from the bottom position to the elevation.
Instead, you tin can double-click between two cards in any listing to add a new i. Or y’all can add a card at the bottom and use the
option to change its position.
Turn Emails Into Trello Cards
One of the many benefits of using Trello for projection management and collaboration is to avoid the numerous daily emails back and forth from team members or clients.
For example, rather than copying from Gmail into Trello tasks, you tin plough emails into cards direct from your email or Gmail inbox.
- All Trello boards have a unique email address. To find it, click on
from the meridian right-hand corner of your board.
- Then select
and click on
One time you know a board’s unique electronic mail address, y’all tin forward whatever email to it. Trello will automatically create a card from the contents of the e-mail.
Another tip you might not know is that cards also have their own unique email address. You can frontwards any email to that address where information technology will automatically be turned into a comment on the carte du jour.
This is especially helpful if your squad members send a lot of feedback via email.
As nosotros showed y’all above with labels, using keyboard shortcuts tin can reduce the fourth dimension you spend and increase your efficiency when using Trello.
- To discover the shortcuts, click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner of your board. Click on
There are many available shortcuts to salvage you fourth dimension, such as:
- Due Date
- Navigate Cards
- Focus Search Box
- Open Carte du jour
- Edit Championship
- Clear All Filters
Meet Trello Keyboard Shortcuts: An Infographic Cheat Sheet for a complete list.
Highlight The Boards You Admission Most Often
If you work with many teams and accept multiple boards, it could be cumbersome to find those you utilize most oftentimes.
That’due south piece of cake to fix. Only go to the board and click on the Star button. This will add the board to the
(top left corner).
The boards yous have selected to be included as stars will prove up at the top of what could be a very long list of boards.
There volition be times when working with Trello that y’all will want to make a connection between one or more than cards on the same board or even a card from another lath.
- Click on the carte du jour you lot want to connect, then click on
and see the
- You will and then come across that you lot can search for the Menu or Board to which you desire to connect.
When you choose a lath or bill of fare under the attachment surface area, you will encounter a snapshot of the bill of fare you attached including:
- The title
- Due date
- Any other icons that are on the forepart of the attached card
- Which lath and list the carte du jour was in
If you click on the image, Trello will have yous straight to the other card.
Brand a Connection Between the Cards
- If you want to create an actual link betwixt the two cards, select the
option. Trello will then ask if y’all desire to chronicle both cards.
- When you click the
Chronicle Both Options, you will create a linkage between the 2 cards. Y’all can and then toggle back and forth between the connected cards.
- A new icon will appear on the front of both cards, indicating that there is a Trello attachment. Other attachments are identified by a paper clip icon.
- You can also attach an entire board to i carte on a unlike board. The full number of attachments to each carte du jour volition exist identified on the forepart of the bill of fare by the number of Trello cards or boards y’all attached.
Drag & Driblet
Trello’s elevate and drop function makes it super easy to move items around your board. Move a card by clicking on it and dragging information technology up or downwards on the aforementioned list or to a different list.
Lists can be moved to a different position on a board the aforementioned way by clicking and dragging.
- For instance, let’s look at the sample lath above “To-Practise, Doing, Done.” When you lot outset “Doing” a “To-Exercise”, drag information technology to “Doing.”
- When y’all consummate the chore, drag it to “Washed.”
If you haven’t tried Trello, you have no idea what you are missing. It is a very powerful and intuitive tool for project and job management.
Practice not share my Personal Data.